By this point in the season, you’ve probably been running your furnace for several months now. After all, nights have been cooler, and it’s important for you and your family to stay warm when you’re inside. However, all that heavy lifting from your heating system may have led to significant wear-and-tear, and your furnace could be flirting with disaster and might be in need of repair.
Comfort Air—located in McComb, Mississippi—can help you and your family identify and deal with any issues in your home’s furnace system.
What are the signs my furnace is struggling?
- Most furnaces, depending on how they’re maintained throughout their lives, have an average lifespan of between 16 and 20 years. If your furnace is getting up there in age, it might be time to think about a replacement system.
- If you’ve noticed your gas or electric bill steadily increasing without a major change in usage, it could be a sign that your furnace is losing efficiency as it ages. The solution to this might be a furnace tune-up from Comfort Air.
- Is your furnace making strange noises, like loud bumps, hisses, or cracks? It might be a sign that something mechanical is no longer functioning like it should, and that your system has major issues that you’ll need to address.
When is a furnace most likely to fail?
Furnaces usually fail while being used most heavily. Since you’re probably not using the system as much during the day and hardly at all during the summer, this means that your furnace is at the greatest risk during winter nights.
When to consider heating repair
Not to state the obvious, but the time people most often consider furnace repair is when their system fails entirely, or is barely functioning. When that happens, call Comfort Air. We offer 24/7 emergency service, and our industry-certified technicians will inspect your system and provide you with an upfront quote on a repair.
That being said, it pays to plan ahead. If you’re seeing or hearing signs that your furnace may be one foot out the door, contact us, and we’ll be happy to take a look at your system. There are several advantages to dealing with repairs before a breakdown:
- It decreases the chances that your family will be without heat for cold winter nights.
- It allows Comfort Air to perform preventative maintenance, which may be easier, simpler, and often less expensive than repairing something that is broken.
- You’ll get an honest assessment of where your furnace is, in terms of age and health. This will allow you to plan for either further repairs, regular maintenance, or perhaps even a replacement system.
When to consider purchasing a new furnace
If your furnace has been in your home for ten or more years and encounters a problem costing more than $500 to repair, you should strongly consider upgrading to a new furnace. A new system may be a better long-term investment of your money than putting more and more into your older furnace. Comfort Air offers a free consultation of any new installs, and we can help you and your family find the furnace that’s right for your home.
Why go with Comfort Air?
We offer some of the best guarantees in the industry—including our “Fixed or Installed Right or It’s Free” policy—as well as 24/7 emergency service and upfront pricing.
Schedule service with us, or give us a call.